Friday, May 2, 2008

Casa Manana

For the last 2 1/2 years I have worked in the restaurant business. A little over a year was spent as a busser and 2 as a waitress. I have learned a thing or two about human nature and how some people's tickers work. Some are distressing while others are fascinating. I love to watch people! You can learn so much.
1. You can tell alot about a person by the way they treat their waitress.
2. People are hooked on routines, I have about 20 orders memorized (including the "easy ice", no tomatoes, no cheese on the beans, very crispy)
3. If you waitress make sure you have a loving husband who will rub your feet after you've sped walked for 5 hours, and will listen to you lament about the icky man who ate all the food and didn't tip.
4. TIP stands for "To insure prompt service"
5. When you cry (however unvolutarily) people give you lots of money! It's not worth the embarrassment though!
6. Mess ups are yummy
These are just a few things I found at this crazy job. I ate lots of mexican food, earned good money, and wore holes in both my shoes. What an experience!

1 comment:

GTyler said...

I love your story and you were a great waitress!